Saturday, December 1, 2012

'More Than Magic: Semester Aboard' Book Review




Book description from Amazon:

Jen is looking forward to spending an entire summer studying abroad on a cruise ship and she knows the experience will change her life. Then she sees something she wasn't supposed to see, something she can't explain. Jen finds herself thrust into a world she never knew existed and her life will change more than she imagined. That is, if she can survive the dangers lurking on the ship.







**My thoughts**

I was given the opportunity to read this book as a part of a book review club. I am so glad I had the chance! Yes, this book is another epic tale in which a girl comes of age, only to find out that she has special powers. Yes, it is another book in which a group of paranormal beings get together to fight off the evil ones. It is also another book that you should just go ahead and buy and enjoy.

First, I love the idea of spending a semester on a ship, traveling around the world, while also taking college courses. Talk about life experience! There is just something romantic about traveling and meeting new people.

Second, I love the relationships between the characters. They are all multifaceted and true to life. I have known people like them in real life, except, of course, for their paranormal powers. Jen doesn't randomly wake up one day with her powers; she has to study and learn how to use them. There is still a lot that she doesn't know. The reader is taken along for the ride, learning all about this supernatural world that exists within our own. The story unfolds in what feels like real time, which I also appreciated.

I have heard that there is a sequel in the works, and I can't wait to read it!  

Buy links: Kindle | Paperback | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment