Monday, April 25, 2016

Shadow Bloodlines (Book 1) by A.R. Cooper



Shadow Bloodlines


I didn’t know I was a shifter until the hunters found me…

When eighteen-year-old Beth receives a mysterious text from her deadbeat father not to go to school, why should she listen to him now? But when strangers show up in one of her classes hunting her and wanting her dead, she must uncover the truth about why and what exactly she is.

Amar has been entombed in stone for centuries. He longs for freedom and only the blood of a shifter will set him free. After centuries frozen as a gargoyle, he doubts there are many of his kind left. Yet, Beth rescues him and more than his responsibility to protect her fills him.

Before the race of hunters capture her, Beth and Amar must find her shifter dad in order to save all their lives.



Read an excerpt:
As I reached for the door handle, Jacqui returned with a jacket and a baseball hat.

“Where’d you get those?” 
“Stole them.” She tossed me the black sports jacket and I donned it. Then she helped me stuff my hair up into the cap.

The jacket hung to my knees and swallowed me. My stomach clawed into my throat.
“It’s the best I can do on short notice.” 
“And my skirt?” I tugged the sides of the black dress. “They’ll never buy that I’m a boy if they notice it.” 
“Keep your head down and keep moving.” 
Uneasiness crawled into my gut and my heart slammed against my sternum before my fingers even brushed the door. Jacqui pushed past me and straight to one of the muscled guys who barely gave her a glance. 
I snuck out of the bathroom, thankful for the throng of people. In the corner, Jacqui flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder to distract the suited guy. 
Across the dance floor, I spotted another of Ms. Moor’s minions and ducked under a table. The couple gave a gasp and I shushed them.

“Sorry, it’s my ex. He’s crazy.” I crossed my fingers that they’d believe me. 
“Don’t need to tell us about crazy exes,” the girl answered.

Peeking out, I realized I’d lost sight of Jacqui. Had they figured out what she was up to?

There. She stood a few tables from the dance floor waving her hands like she was flagging a street race and I dashed to the other side of the bar. My heart thumped in my chest like I’d swam a hundred relays. How could five feet from the door seem so far? 
When the guy talking with Jacqui suddenly turned to see what she was staring at, which was me, I tucked my hat down and shook my shoulders as though laughing with the others near me.

The goon stared at me and his eyes narrowed. Then he spun and careened through the crowd, barreling right for me. God! He’d spotted me. 
I jerked away from the bar to run. Muttering an apology, I pushed around people while constantly looking back at the guy, who was now shoving dancers out of his way. Acid rose in my throat. His flicked out his cell and yelled something into it.

My breath came out in short huffs. Could I make it outside? I sprinted through an opening in the crowd. 
Nearly to the door, a brawny guy grabbed my arm and I screamed. The music drowned out my protest.

My assailant gave the bouncer a wink and a fist full of cash, which he shoved into his pocket and looked away.

“Let’s go, freak,” he seethed into my ear.


http://amzn.to/26oMpEt



About A. R. Cooper


A.R. Cooper loves reading YA Fantasy, adult fantasy, paranormal and historical romance. She writes adult novels under Andrea R. Cooper.

When not writing or reading, she enjoys her husband and family, friends, Zumba, Martial Arts, and video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment