If you follow author Emily Bybee at all, you may notice that science creeps into her books on a pretty regular basis. Perhaps that explains her Top 10 favorite classes she took in college? Find out what they were and check out her latest book, Fractured Magic.
Please note that affiliate links are present in this post. Should you make a purchase through one, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Top 10 Favorite Classes I took in college
(may be why science always seems to shows up in my books)
10. Shakespeare in Literature- One of the only 2 English classes I took.
9. Trigonometry- Actually this was in high school but is my absolute favorite math (Yes, I’m a nerd)
8. Greek Mythology- The storytelling – just, WOW
7. Chemistry – Finding out about atoms opened up a new world.
6. Psychology- It’s good to know we are all crazy, just in our own ways ☺
5. Botany- Can anyone who has read Fractured Magic guess why this class made the list?
4. Physics- Well, the Mechanics part of it, Electricity and Magnetism not so much.
3. Ecology- Love how all life is dependent on each other and balance.
2. Embryology- It’s amazing that any of us actually survive with everything that has to go right for a baby to form.
1. Organic Chemistry – The keys to life ☺
by Emily BybeeGenre: YA Paranormal Romance
Release Date: October 31st 2018
Wild Rose Press
Summary:As the world’s worst witch, Maddie is mistreated by her own kind. She was born a Defect. Most of her spells blow up in her face, literally. While witches search for the long-lost power of the earth, Maddie spends her time in the science lab. There, she discovers a clue to the lost power. The only other witness is Jax, a smokin’ hot college bad-boy, who Maddie can’t decide if she wants to kiss or kill.
When she fails her magic final, the council orders her magic stripped. Maddie’s only chance to keep her brain intact is to find the power with the hope that it can fix her. Jax is her one true ally on the journey. The two of them must use their smarts to stay ahead of the witches while they follow a two-hundred-year-old trail to the power of the earth and the truth behind Maddie’s defect.
Add to Goodreads
About Emily BybeeEmily grew up loving to read and escape into stories. She began writing her own at the age of twelve. In college she focused on science and graduated with a degree in Environmental Biology. After college she began writing again but quickly realized she had failed to take a single writing or grammar class. Luckily, she’s a quick learner. Emily now lives in Colorado with her wonderful husband, three amazing children, and way too many animals. She still enjoys making up stories and can’t seem to leave out the paranormal elements because they are just too much fun.