Welcome to the virtual book tour for Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy. For her stop at my blog today, she is sharing about New Orleans, which is a prominent feature in the book.
Five Favorite Movies Set in New Orleans
The City of New Orleans plays a huge role in Flight. Many of Allie’s experiences are unique to the city. If you’re looking to get a peek at New Orleans through movies, here are a few of my favorites.
- A Street Car Named Desire- I love anything Tennessee Williams. I love the classic 1951 Marlon Brando version.
- The Princess and The Frog- This one’s for my daughter. We love watching it together.
- All the Kings Men-Not actually set in NOLA, but filmed there. I had a star shock moment when after finishing dinner one night I saw Jude Law, Sean Penn, and James Gandolfini.
- The Pelican Brief- This is my favorite legal thriller (both book and movie). I love the New Orleans scenes.
- The Big Easy- It’s hard to make a New Orleans movie list without this one. So many awesome New Orleans places are featured in the film.
Alyssa Rose Ivy lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write.
By Alyssa Rose Ivy
The Crescent Chronicles, Book 1
Genre: Mature YA/New Adult Paranormal Romance
Number of pages: 250
Sometimes you just have to take flight.
A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.
Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.