Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Broken Roots by Michelle Diana Lowe



Broken Roots


After her father's invention earns her family millions, sixteen-year-old Teisha Cole moves from London to Florida. Uprooted from the place she loves, Teisha now lives in a broken home full of secrets and lies.

Following the death of Teisha's grandmother, her fractured family is replanted in rural England, where a kingpin and his clan are laying in wait. What ensues is a dangerous game that brings their house to its knees, as the family's wealth begins to disappear.

When her father develops a mysterious illness, Teisha turns detective to unravel the truth. Escaping onto the streets and stumbling into the foster care system may be her only hope of survival.

Note from author: Italian and Spanish translation editions of Broken Roots will be available soon on Amazon.


Available on Amazon
US / UK / CA

Author Bio - Michelle Diana Lowe


Born in the early 1980s, I grew up relatively poor, within inner-city London. As a kid, I always had a love of words and stories. I was a lonely and somewhat friendless child, but surrounded myself with books for comfort. The local library and classic novels were my best friends, my escapism from a world that did not quite understand me. In spite of my loneliness and humble beginnings, I felt I had a greater purpose in life. God had made me unique and different for a reason.

Being severely bullied at primary school and experiencing family problems aged nine, I dug deep, and found that, tapping into my passion for words and writing, really helped to repair my soul and aided the healing process. Barely ten years old and a voracious reader – reading Judy Blume novels such as – Deenie, Blubber, Tiger Eyes and Are You There God It's Me Margaret?, I decided to pen my very first novel, which was around 30,000 words in length. The deep satisfaction I had when finishing it, told me that I needed, not just wanted, to be a writer. I was born to be one. Inside me, I knew I had important messages to give the world, through the power of the written word. Making this dream of becoming a published author a reality, then became my long-term goal.

In my late teens and early 20s, I studied English Literature with Philosophy at Roehampton University. Whilst doing my Bachelor of Arts degree, I felt inspired by bestselling novelists, Toni Morrison and Zadie Smith. I absorbed and was mesmerised by, their stories and experiences. As my writing style developed, the positive influences of Toni and Zadie, helped infuse culture and society into my creative work.

After graduating from university with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature with Philosophy, I started working as a Children's Centre Administrator in East London, where I support families by signposting and referring them to key services.

It was in January 2015 that my first career break came. I was signed by US Publisher UrbanEdge for my debut novel UnShatter Me. In April 2016 I submitted my second novel Broken Roots to Creativia Publishing and I was signed by this publisher. Broken Roots is my most successful novel to date. Not only was it named one of the Best Indie Books of 2016 on Read Free.ly's list, but it has also been on two Amazon bestsellers lists, on six separate occasions, and has been a bestseller in three different territories, the UK, US and Canada. Furthermore, the Italian and Spanish translation editions of Broken Roots will be available on Amazon very soon.

As an author with urban foundations, I feel I have a commitment to bring more diversity into all my books and into the publishing industry. In my writing, I also have a desire to raise awareness of young mental health and help make a difference in people's lives.

When I am not writing, I love to unwind and relax, by watching period dramas and blockbuster movies. I also enjoy reading books in a variety of genres.


I was compensated via Fiverr for sharing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment