Saturday, January 19, 2013

Interview with N. Dunham, Author of 'Visionary Unleashed'

Today, I am pleased to present to you author N. Dunham. Her book Visionary Unleashed was inspired by New England's natural beauty and wildlife. Here, she is letting us get to know her a little bit better.

What was the inspiration behind 'Visionary - Unleashed'?

I basically had this idea of combining super natural powers with spirit animals and out popped the Visionary Trilogy!

I also have this fascination with red-tailed hawks and that was one of my inspirations for Visionary-Unleashed. Once I started writing, the characters kept dancing in my head.

Which character was the most fun to write?

I enjoyed writing the character of Aislinn. She is fun-loving and immature yet courageous at the same time.

To which character do you relate the most?

Probably, Aislinn. She is a good person who tries to do the right thing. She is also fun and silly!

If you could turn this book into a movie, whom would you choose to play each role?

Great question!
Aislinn: AnnaSophia Robb
Sebastian: Zac Efron & Taylor Lautner combined somehow
Caleb: Alex Pettyfer
Star: Vanessa Hudgens
Fredrick: Steven Strait

What other projects do you have in the works?

I am working on book 2 of the Visionary Trilogy.

How does nature inspire you in your daily life?

I love nature and wildlife. I love going on hikes with my family and the excitement of seeing an animal in its natural habitat- it’s breathtaking! Nature inspires me to respect all living things and realize that we are all connected in some way.

Would you like to have the powers of a visionary? Or would you prefer some other special, magical powers?

That would be pretty cool and scary at the same time. But if I had to pick one supernatural power it would be the ability to fly!

You are a fan of numerous genres. What are some of your all-time favorite books/authors across the genres?

It’s so hard to pick. If I am reading for pleasure, I enjoy books such as the Hunger Games and Twilight. If I want a little light romance I opt for something by Nicholas Sparks. But I also enjoy reading books with my children. My older one has been in two book clubs allowing me to enjoy authors such as Jean Craighead George and E.B. White and my younger one really enjoys anything by Eric Carle or Disney Princess.

What is some of the best writing advice you have ever received?

Keep writing!

What is something readers may be surprised to learn about you?

That I can’t walk past an ice cream shop without having one.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

I hope readers enjoy the Visionary Trilogy as much as I do and if you’re curious about which spirit animal you have, visit my website www.ndunham.com and click on spirit animals!

Thanks for your time!

N. Dunham is the author of the Visionary Trilogy. 
 
N. Dunham's interest in reading and writing didn't come until early adulthood. She enjoys works of many genres and has a passion for the arts. ​
 
VISIONARY-UNLEASHED was inspired by New England's natural beauty and wildlife (especially red-tailed hawks).

 




Visionary-Unleashed
Visionary Trilogy Book One
N. Dunham

Genre: YA Fantasy Fiction

ISBN: 9781624884542
ASIN: B00AMO7O26

Number of pages: 232
Word Count: 71,000

Book Description:

Sixteen-year-old Aislinn Lee Murphy accidentally unleashes her hidden ability to see things before they happen, making her a Visionary. But little does she know that this amazing gift comes with a severe price. She must never tell a soul or she risks putting herself and her family in great peril.

A Visionary is someone who has been chosen to see the future and has the benefit of having spirit animals to guide and protect them, but there is a secret agency whose sole purpose is to terminate all Visionaries and Aislinn has become their next target.

Read an excerpt:
I want to learn about all of the spirit animals.  I research Sebastian’s spirit animal and find that it is has a strong connection to the falcon.  The falcon is supposedly my spirit animal.  This makes sense because I feel so incredibly connected to Sebastian and I hardly know him.
 When we read that piece together we look at each other and smile. The book states that the falcon and grizzly bear have a have a dual understanding and that their signs are compatible with one another.  This reminds me of the daily horoscope that you read on the internet.
      Captivated by the content of information that I am uncovering I decide to read aloud, “When the earth sign visionary and air sign visionary combine forces they find that they create a long lasting bond as well as a colossal amount of positive energy.   When each spirit animal has reached a higher level of visionary status, they will uncover their destined mission.  They will experience an increase in their already heightened awareness and senses and gain the ability to unleash superior powers.”


Buy links: Amazon \ B&N 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me on your blog!
    It has been great!
    ~N. Dunham

    ReplyDelete